4.27.2010

HassyLA.com - Road Trip

Hasseyblad H4D - Road Trip from Michael Schmidt on Vimeo.


Last weeks trip to Phoenix started out normal enough. I went through my regular checklist when going on the road - but there are special requirements when the desert is involved. Water, blankets, rubbing alcohol and a pair of latex gloves were added to the mix.

I got off to a late start; try finding a gun on a thursday morning in Hollywood...(but that's another story). Once I hit the freeway and got out of the treacherous LA traffic, I set my cruise control to 100mph to make up for some lost time. But by the time I hit Palm Springs, strange things where starting to happen... Menacing clouds, rainbows and a foul odor were surrounding me. I realized what had happened right away and pulled over before things got ugly. I keep a bottle of ether in the car (just behind the drivers seat), to prime the carburettor of my vintage motorcycle. While packing the car, I managed to knock it over and it slowly started leaking into the carpet. Anyone who's been around ether can tell you that it will turn you into a complete lunatic in no time...

My memories of the next part of the trip are extremely hazy...Rotten stuff!





2 comments:

  1. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, sounds crazy!
    good, you survived...

    ReplyDelete